|Horasis held the first Annual China Europe Business Meeting in Geneva on 15
November, 2005. The Meeting was hosted in partnership with the State of Geneva and the China Federation of Industrial Economics.
The China Europe Business Meeting is an unparalleled platform for potential cooperation between Chinese and European firms. This deliberately small, off-the-record event of interactive roundtables brought together some 150 Chief Executive Officers and senior political leaders from China and Europe. The roundtables have been conducted in a highly interactive manner aimed at promoting business opportunities among participants. The Chinese delegation was led by Professor Xu Kuangdi, Vice Chairman of the Chinese People’s Political Consultative Conference (CPPCC) and President of the China Federation of Industrial Economics.
The programme of the meeting were focused around the following sub-themes:
- The current state of the Chinese economy
- Chinese firms establishing regional headquarters in Europe
- European firms increasing their presence in China
- Growth strategies within the Sino-European framework
The co-chairs of the meeting were:
- Fu Chengyu, CEO, China National Offshore Oil Company (CNOOC)
- Guo Wei, CEO, Digital China
- Vincent H.S. Lo, Chairman, Shui On Group
- Armin Meyer, Chairman and CEO, Ciba Speciality Chemicals
- Zhang Yue, Chairman, Broad Air Conditioning
- Zhao Xizheng, Chairman, China Electricity Council
The event was open to CEOs and other senior executives of corporations based in Europe who have, or are considering expanding their business operations to China as part of their core strategy.
Horasis is a global visions community committed to enact visions for a sustainable future. (http://www.horasis.org)
For more information, please contact:
|Communications and Public Affairs
|Horasis. The Global Visions Community
||+41 79 305 3110
||+41 44 214 6502